This year I decided to do something wildly different and do my very own “must do this summer” list I figured there are 95ish official days of summer (June 21st through September 23rd), so why not try and tackle 95 things?
Believe it or not, it was super hard to come up with a list. Perhaps I’m a more boring person than I realized.
So, here it is… My summer list! Follow along as I complete and check-off activities as I accomplish them. I broke it down into the categories I have on my blog, just to make it a little easier to follow along. Also because, as I said, I had a really hard time thinking of 95 things.
Also, I totally cheated. I’m starting to check stuff of my list after Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer. What can I say? I have a lot to do.
Make ice creamDone!
- Learn to grill
- Go on a picnic
- Make the perfect steak
- Pick a town and do a foodie tour
- Try sushi
Eat at Rainforest CafeDone 6/27/2015
- Take a cooking class
Preserve garden harvest and herbsDone!
- Have an “Iron Chef” night
- Have a “Chopped” night
- Learn to mix cocktails
- Make a recipe binder of family recipes
- Teach the kids how to cook an entire meal, without help
Eat a Dole WhipDone at Storyland!
- Go to Earl of Sandwich
Make s’moresDone 5/26/2015! Have lobsterDone! Sample foods at our town’s Farmer’s MarketDone 5/28/2015!
- Make a dream board
- Take a photo a day
Create a beautiful gardenDone!
- Write letters once a week to friends and family
- Scrapbook my summer
- Make photo albums/scrapbooks/journals
- Big troll
- Middle troll
- Create artwork for the house
- Make three wreaths for the front door
- Fill a Smashbook
- Put up more family pictures
- Paint figures with my husband
- Make a floor-length tulle dress
- Walk 10k per day In Progress
- Complete 21 Day Fix twice
- Run 11 minute mile
- Give up soda
- Run 95 miles In Progress – 1.5 miles complete
- Lose 25 pounds
- Train to run virtual Wine and Dine Half Marathon In Progress
- Run 5k without walking In Progress
- Run in 10 new places
Run in VermontCompleted 5/28/2015!
- Run in Massachusetts
- Run in Maine
- Run by the ocean
- Learn to do a split
- Create workout binder/schedule In Progress
- Lose enough weight that my wedding ring will fit
- Climb a mountain
- Find a new workout for Xbox or at home
- Fit into my Cinderella dress
- Read 5 new books on personal growth
- Finish Elite Blogger Academy In Progress
Move sites to WordPressDone 5/15/2015!
- Save $500 In Progress
- Create a business plan
- Start using a Kanban board
- Settle on editorial calendar format
Create editorial binderDone 6/20/2015! Have 25,000 combined followers on social mediaDone! Increase revenue 100%Done!
- Reduce bounce rate 25%
Set a date for our next Disney tripDone 6/23/2015!
- Create goals binder
- Create inspiration binder
- Organize the house
- Get an idea for and outline an e-book
- Make 5 YouTube videos
- Develop social media marketing plan
- Finish formatting/optimizing sites
Throw a glow partyDone 6/1/2015 and 6/2/2015! Watch a movie outsideDone!
- Visit 5 new places
- Place Two – Harpoon Brewery
- Place Two – Shopping tour in Stoughton (Ikea, I love you!)
Camp in the yardDone 5/26/2015!
- Camp at childhood campground spot
- Have a beach/water party
- Have biweekly date nights/days In Progress
Visit a theme park with the whole familyDone! Tour the White MountainsDone! Have a beach day at the beachDone!
- Have a lemonade stand
- Go to the drive-in
Watch fireworksDone 7/3/2015 and 7/4/2015!
- Visit a fair
Tour a gardenDone 6/22/2015!
- Make garden stones
- Pick five ideas from Pinterest and do them
- Beat a video game